I'm Sam Brooke, an earth science student, part time programmer and general misadventurer who enjoys searing hot food, beer, drawing pretty pictures and wasting time on real-time strategy games.
I currently live between Rutland and Liverpool UK.
As a budding geoscientist, I'm interested in computer modelling the environment and climate.
Philosophy-wise I believe that, as a race, we're going to kibosh ourselves unless we keep ahead with clever ideas and technology.
My overriding goal is to try and position myself such that I can contribute to the field.
Programming & Tech
I've always enjoyed tinkering with computers and I now make content management systems and front end websites with a local marketing firm.
Fond of making money and paying off my student loan, I'm also involved in my own little business schemes and web startup.
I am a grumpy bastard
- A belief that you don't get something for nothing unless genuinely disadvantaged or incapable
- A cynical and dry sense of humour with a sadistic penchant for schadenfreude
- A bad temper
- A moral code circa 1890
- A love of loud, sometimes angsty rock music
- Being far too aware of world events
- Considering people to be idiotic until proven otherwise
- Being liberal, atheist and sciency
- Being Scottish